Happy Book Lover's Day!: Strong Women in Literature

 


We all have the one things that brings us joy. That one hobby that is bonded to our very hearts. For me, this was reading about strong female lead characters.

         In my younger years, I was an avid reader. Instead of partying on the weekend, I was at the library         searching for a new and interesting "gift" for myself. I used to read at least two books a week. And indeed, this has been the gift that keeps on giving. I think it really changed my life for the better!

But something happened. It has become more difficult to focus on, let alone finish a book. I don't know if this is due to the depression, the medication, or possibly because my vision continues to deteriorate. It's been really hard for me to remain consistent in my reading, though my love for it has never faded.

You see, not only am I a journal-hoarder, but I'm also a book hoarder. My true passion is for the classics. My FAVORITE book is Jane Eyre, of which I have THREE (yes three) copies! I will continue to collect this book with gusto, hoping to obtain as many different covers as possible!


I think Jane Eyre is positively exciting and adventurous to read, what with its gothic symbolism and its strong-willed, independent main character. I just love the scene when Jane has a vision of Rochester at the exact moment he is in danger. It's like she had this divine connection to him and knew he needed her. ::: gushes:::  And how she takes care of him in the end, choosing to forgive him! I find it so precious and admirable of her! A true labor of love!



And who would I be if I didn't include my very favorite book series by Diana Gabaldon? Outlander is dearest yet to my heart. I have almost the entire collection and am still on the prowl for more books! The love story of Jamie and Claire is just so epic and unforgettable! The characters just seep right into your heart and you're never the same afterwards. Claire is such a strong character-very reminiscent of characters like Jane Eyre and Elizabeth Bennet, now that I think on it!




 But I am ever being encouraged by my very accomplished husband to read more often. Even if it seems fuzzy at times, if I get easily-distracted. Reading is a fundamental part of being human and it's definitely a form of therapy! It will do me good to give it my best!

Do any of you struggle to finish a book? Do you have a favorite genre? Do you also enjoy strong female roles in literature? Please leave me some feedback in the comments!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Path Less Taken