Bloom Where You Are Planted

 


I've never really felt "rooted" to a certain place before I moved to Bradford, Pennsylvania. It's very much my home now and I feel confident this is where I'll spend the rest of my life. 
God works in mysterious, wonderful ways. I spent a great deal of time feeling like a reject, that I needed to be somewhere else. I didn't feel as if I belonged to anyone or to anywhere. I didn't feel "free" to be myself and who God created me to be. 

When I first moved here with my now husband, I was in awe of these glorious mountains. They are so beautiful and they make me feel safe and secure within its protection. But, the truth is-my help doesn't come from them. My help comes from God, who made the mountains! (Psalm 121:1-2)

I see His beauty in the trees and in the trails my husband and I walk together. I tend to forget how blessed I am to be in such a mostly remote area of the country, (population: 8,194). 

Even though I am far away from most of my family members, I can't help but feel it was God's will to be planted here. And you know what? I intend to bloom here! 

And if I'm going to bloom, I must do so by being watered by the Word of God. I won't fall victim to depression during this time in our history. I will thrive, not just survive. 

I hope, reader, that you understand that no matter where you are planted, you can find the beauty in the area where you reside. Even if there may be struggles and unpleasant things that you must endure, cling to the blessings. It's important to have a positive perspective!

Let me know where you are commenting from! What do you love about the place where you reside? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Path Less Taken